Welcome on the web site of Experiencing Mathematics exhibition, named in French Pourquoi les Mathématiques ?
You will find there the events around the exhibition as well as various documents to know more.
This very interactive exhibition is intented to show to all visitors that mathematics is:
- astonishing, interesting and useful,
- accessible to everyone,
- plays a large part in daily life,
- that they lead to many trades,
- and has an important role in our culture, development and progress.
4 copies, realized by Centre•Sciences, are in circulation:
- one for the region Rhône with Lyon University and its Maison des mathématiques,
- one for the region Languedoc with Montpellier University,
- one for the region Normandie with the CCSTi "Science Action",
- and one for all other regions and countries with Centre•Sciences.
After "la Maison des mathématiques" de MONS (Belgium) in 2016 during one year,
in 2017, this copy was in Deutchland presented by the Heidelberg Laureate Forum.
In 2018, from April to june, it was in Tunisia, at Monastir Sciences Palace.
In 2020, it was in Martinique, at the Centre de découverte des Sciences.
Updated on January 20th, 2021
Since its creation in 2004, the exhibition welcomed
more than 2.5 million visitors, in 150 cities of 40 countries and translated into 20 languages.