Welcome on the web site of Experiencing Mathematics exhibition, named in French Pourquoi les Mathématiques ?
You will find there the events around the exhibition as well as various documents to know more.
This very interactive exhibition is intented to show to all visitors that mathematics is:
- astonishing, interesting and useful,
- accessible to everyone,
- plays a large part in daily life,
- that they lead to many trades,
- and has an important role in our culture, development and progress.
4 copies, realized by Centre•Sciences, are in circulation:
- one for the region Rhône with Lyon University and its Maison des mathématiques,
- one for the region Languedoc with Montpellier University,
- one for the region Normandie with the CCSTi "Science Action",
- and one for all other regions and countries with Centre•Sciences.
This copy in MONS (Belgium) at the Maison des mathématiques, for one year.
Update on January 10th, 2016
150 presentations of the exhibition since its creation in 2004